Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What do you think?


I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. The topic is "Happiness." Pretty vague huh? So, I could direct it in different ways such as


* Happiness in...living the gospel
*
Happiness in...in our life
* What makes us happy
* How to live a happy life

I'm not sure and I wanted to get some input. I would love to hear what you think.

THANKS and wish me luck ;-)

FOLLOW UP
------------------------
Thanks to everyone that contributed to this post. I gave my talk today and I felt really good about it. I hope that I shared something that someone needed to hear. I must admit - it feels really good to have it done ;-)

8 comments:

Die Fingerle's said...

We've talked about it. The topic for my talk was "How the gospel brings happiness to my life". I quoted events from the scriptures and added my own experiences on this topic. I think, it is always good to add own experiences to talks.
If you write your talk down, would you mind to email it to me?

Nikki said...

I just might make it to church on Sunday to see this!

Seattle Nichole said...

I would do How to live a happy life

Kiley said...

Good luck! What a broad topic . . . but I think that you could incorporate living a Happy life with Happiness in living the Gospel. Just an idea :).

Erica said...

I agree with Kiley...living the gospel and making righteous decisions is what helps keep our families closer together, keeps us healthy (word of wisdom) and brings peace to our hearts when facing difficult situations (think of Baby Mac). Good luck!! Talks in sacrament meeting are always tough for me!!

Brad & Mary said...

Jen how are you! Google the song from Your a Good Man Charlie Brown called Happiness. And remember that one part in the Declaration of Independence: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. It seems like a feeling, state, place all people want to reach, seems very fitting how it is called "The Plan of Hapiness" just some thoughts love ya.

Family said...

How ironic that I'm on a mission to find happiness?! I may be at church with Nikki on Sunday!!!

Jen said...

You did a great job! I'm glad I got to hear it and that it was you and not me :)