Thursday, January 1, 2009

Am I going to go blind???

Jeremy called Jared on the phone the other night and in a very solemn voice he said, "Dad, am I going to go blind?"

The background story is that earlier that day he went with Jared down to Uncle Mat's house. While they were there Mat helped Jared weld a chair that had broken. Jeremy was in the same room and was specifically told NOT to look at the bright light or he would go blind.

On the phone, Jeremy proceeded to tell Jared that he couldn't help himself and that he had accidentally peeked.

Trying not to laugh, Jared told him that he would probably be ok.

Will he learn from this experience.... probably not.

5 comments:

Erica said...

I love that kid! This reminds me of when I was little and I was told not to look directly at the sun, so I went inside and put on sunglasses and looked right at it. Brilliant, I know. ;o)

Joosten said...

What an honest kid!! He is so cute. It's moments like this that make being parents fun and worth it!

Jen said...

That's sooooooooooo Jeremy!!!

Us Craven's said...

Funny story! At least you can be assured that he will tell you when he disobeys!:) My Dad was a welder and I was worried about that one time- tell him I am an old lady and it didn't make me blind-:)

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.