Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Jeremy Remote


Happy Mother's Day! As a mom of 3 kids that keep me on my toes, I have to remember to keep laughing. This was one of my favorite memories that I wanted to share...

This t
.v. remote with a simple explanation was given to Jeremy's teacher to show my appreciation for her patience and her good sense of humor.

***********************

This device was inspired by the simple comment of a young student wishing
his teacher was a t.v. and that he could just turn her off so that they could all go home.

Power Button

For those days that he just doesn't seem like he is fully awake or ready to focus, just push the power button to stimulate his brain.

Volume Buttons
Do you ever find that you have trouble keeping him quiet or when you ask him a question, you just can't hear the answer. Don't worry! With the help of the volume buttons, you can achieve the perfect sound.

Channel Button
When he's having trouble with transitions, this is your solution. The channel button will switch his brain to whatever is next.

Rewind & Fast Forward Buttons
Does he ever need to speed it up to finish his work? What about going too fast and just putting any answer down even if it's not correct? These buttons are your solution to keeping him on track.

Play Button
We know he can get discouraged even before he begins. This is the push he needs to get past that roadblock. No need to beg, bribe or threaten. A push of the play button and off he will go.

Stop Button
This button is perfect for those days that he just can't sit still. With every turn of your head you are wondering where he is. One push of the stop button will stop him in his tracks until you can find him and put him back in his place.

Mute Button
Hopefully you will never have to use this button! Just in case his mouth gets out of control and disrespectful, and You just can't take it anymore! Sit back, relax and hit that mute button. All you will hear is the sweet sound of students working hard.

5 comments:

Erica said...

How creative! I love the whole remote control idea. You know I've said before that if I could just find the "pause" button for my kids, I'd be one happy mama. :o)

Grandma Sally said...

Hi Jenn,
As a former teacher, this devise would have been a God send! What a clever analogy. I love keeping up on your blog.
Grandma

Jen said...

So cute and I know Trish appreciates it!

Nikki said...

oh i love you Jenn!!! .....Jeremy too.... I love that kid!!

Kiley said...

What a perfect idea! I really love it - I'd love one of those 'magic remotes' for my little boy! P.S. It was so nice to see you on Tuesday!