Friday, September 19, 2008

Through a child's eye

Just a thought...

As my children enter the older grades, it often breaks my heart to start seeing their insecurities come out. It is interesting to see who and what become important to them. I realize just how sweet and cruel some kids can be and how often a child can be misunderstood and put down.

As the mom, I want to step in and take care of it for them. But I have to have faith that this is all part of the learning and growing process.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I know what you mean... it is so hard. Bless all those kids hearts but, we were all kids and we all survived so I guess that is what we have to remember....the kids will survive!

Lindsey said...

Kids are rude! But what doesn;t kill us makes us stronger, right?

Janice said...

I found it! Wahoo! As always, great chat at McDonalds today.

Die Fingerle's said...

Interesting point of view - and I feel the same.

Mommason Hillary said...

That's what makes you a good mom Jen - I wish all parents taught their children to be as good as yours. You teach them right - and then watch them grow in that light - and then one day - it will be pay day. It's all worth it I promise...