Sunday, June 1, 2008

Did I do the right thing?

This morning Jeremy started bugging Jared about creating his own website. We all know that when he gets something locked in his brain it's hard for him to let go. Jared mentioned it to me and I thought about how to do it all day and if it was the right thing to do. My solution was to let him start a blog of his own. I figured that it was free, easy to monitor, a creative outlet and I can put all the privacy features on it. So I set it up... only to his dismay!

He was hoping for a site that he could put games and other similar things on. His first post was all about how disappointed that a blog is "for information about yourself!" I tried to explain that he can put links on his page to those game site, but it just wasn't good enough. I can tell that this is going to take some time to get him excited about.

Yes, I am going to monitor his blog, but I do recognize that it is his blog and what he writes may not always be inspiring or positive. I hope that it is an outlet for him regardless. I'm curious to get opinions, so leave me a comment. If you want to see his blog you'll have to email me first ;-)

3 comments:

Erica said...

I think his blog is so cute!! I left him a comment...I'm sure he'll read it, but I really hope he keeps it up. It's so interesting to me to see things from a kid's eye-view. They're so much more honest and open to things than adults are. I think it's a great idea!

Shan said...

I want to see it!

blair and maisy said...

It sounds like a good idea to me. That just blows me away that kids want their own websites nowadays. Man- I feel old.