Today Jeremy came to me asking for some money to by some ice cream from the ice cream truck. Normally I am quick to say no, but today I felt generous and gave him a five dollar bill. I made it clear that I wanted him to buy something for Hailey too and to bring me back the change.Later I found him at his friends house drinking a can of Diet Coke and no ice cream in sight. He informed me that they couldn't find the ice cream truck and he traded Chandler's older brother the five dollars for the can of Diet Coke.
What!?!?!?!?
4 comments:
Ha ha! A $5 can of Diet Coke... That's hilarious, Jenn! Oh man. Who knew your precious elixir would ever cost so much?!
That must have been why he came down to our house yesterday asking for for 8 quarters... he probably realized that he still wanted his ice cream!
Yikes! How old is Chandler's brother? Old enough to know better, or just old enough to know that he wanted some money and had an extra can of DC for sale? I'm sure Jeremy saw the opportunity for the drink and went for it without thinking that maybe $5 was a bit pricey. That's a funny story!!
I'm sorry! Good thinking on his friend's older brother's part though.
Post a Comment